Monday, February 28, 2011

What More Do You Want From Me?

This is the first chapter in my book, that I am taking my dandy old time writing.
I will try to have it finished by the Spring of 2089!   So look out for it-
Just wanting to share!  :)

"The S on your cape is fading Jen."  My friend told me once. 
Huh?  What?  It is not!  Not for one day!
What are you talking about?  What are you trying to say? 
Why are you looking at my cape anyway? 
The S will NEVER fade!  It won't lose an ounce of color, ever. 
It will shine bright for all to see, forever and ever. 
End of discussion, do you hear me?  That's it.

After all, isn't that perfection?  Isn't that what most of us moms in the world try to be? 
Maybe not 100%, but as dang close to it as possible.  Don't lie.  Supermom with a cape. 
Not just any cape either.  A perfect one, ironed and pressed, blowing beautifully in the wind.
A cape almost as nice as our blown out hair and adorable outfit. 
The one that fits perfectly, I might add, on my rockin Zumba lovin, yoga doing, flat stomached
body of mine.  Um, yea, that's  me.  Ya know.
Did I mention that I walk this bod around an (always) clean house, and my kids are never dirty? 
I know, aren't I amazing?  I am also always organized. 
I could tell you my tricks right now but I will be volunteering at school many days. 
I will call you back though because I don't fall behind on things. 
Nor do I procrastinate, forget about anything, or am outdone.

That is my job.  It's actually the first thing every day on my to-do list.  Not to drop a ball. 
After that comes, don't forget red shirt day at school, or be without a checkbook at the dentist. 
Followed up by noting all sports schedule changes, spelling bees, piano or what I'm doing for dinner. 
My list can be endless, but it is life, every mom's life, and we handle it was grace, every single day.

Okay, stop the insanity.  It's a new day-let's get real and start REAL-ITY. 
And to be real, there is one thing that we all need to REALize.
YOU ARE ONE PERSON. 
ONE PERSON WITH ONE BRAIN.
YOU HAVE TWO HANDS, AND TWENTY DIRECTIONS TO GO.
And as one individual, being realistic, we can only do so much that can only go so far. 
Life is unknown, but we are not.  We are AMAZING.  But not perfect- and there it all begins.

A long time ago, there was a meeting that took place. 
It was headed up by a man who stood up wanting to speak to every woman alive at the time. 
So they gathered. 
This speech lasted hours, speaking of all the unbelievable qualities that this sex was given. 
It used words that had never been used before. 
Describing supernatural things, that they would see us do and things WE would
make happen-within months, days, even minutes. 
It talked extensively about new scientific data on moms, revealing a never-before concept. 
That we were, well, perfection.
From there a huge uproar took place. 
Mothers, because of the pedestal we were placed on, were expected to be exactly that, and so it was. 
We believed it until the day that one woman
finally did the unthinkable.
Although she was unnamed in the report, sources close to her say, she was from our area,
and not granting interviews at this time. 
Details aren't entirely clear, but word is, one morning, (drum roll please), she messed up. 
And then, hold your panties, she brushed herself off, and said,
YA KNOW WHAT?  I'M STILL HERE!
I'M STILL AWESOME. 
AND IT"S ALL STILL OKAY. 
The crowds erupted. 
The scientists then went back to their study. 
They dug deeper into their ancient experiments and soon realized there was a mistake. 
Looking back, the data showed these unspeakable qualities, only came from lab rat moms.
Here, after all this time, it was rodents that didn't mess up, the ones that never tripped and fell. 
All these millions of years, we lived a lie.
The news was joyous.
And men and women alike, gave her a standing ovation, and champagne.

It's time to talk yourself down off your personalized ledge of imperfection. 
Even is super powers existed, if you were truly honest, you would probably be pretty darn proud
of yourself (even without ever using them). 
How you're put together, how others see you, and how many things you have crossed
off your list by six pm?  Come on. 
You are worth far more than you ever give yourself credit for. 
All that we are in charge of making happen, and the volume of greatness and love we hold
in our hearts, every single minute?

We do all we can, with the time we have, and the ability that we hold. 
We do our best and that will
forever be good enough-
Say no to more, say no to guilt, say no to any voice that is telling
you it isn't enough-

Which leads me to the most spoke hourly phrase of my day, and what you need to say,
anytime the amount you do is questioned-
What more do you want from me?   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment