Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Goin Fast-

Ever just see a picture and think, how the heck are my kids so old?
I'm not talking about Lexi being a Sr, (cried that story to you last week), but really, some
minutes it just hits you?
I found a picture taken at the holidays and just stared at it-three kids, (of mine), pretty much as tall
as their father, posing together.
Not that I thought they'd stay little forever, but I think sometimes life just goes so fast that unless
it every so often, hits you between the eyes, you just don't see it coming.
One day you just wake up and the car seat and diaper bag are simply missing. 
There are no more juice boxes, and you and your girls are sharing UGGS.
You have to look up, even if just a few inches, to tell your son to clean his room....and the endless
hanging on you becomes merely a distant memory.
I still have little guys, and will for a while, but I have THREE teenagers.
Three kids that are old enough to go on dates and watch a Rated R movie.
Sometimes I even see them talking to each other, and hold onto your seat, without me making them.
One actually asked advice of another one last week!! 
Isn't that absolutely insane?  I KNOWWW!!!
It's crazy to hear their stories, and remember those times, cause it wasn't too long ago that it was me
doing it with MY mom.
Shouldn't it have taken longer to get to this place?
God bless us all because life is like a bullet.
Just wanted to share my amazement, cause it hit me again today-that's all.  :)
Hugs!

Here's the picture----

No comments:

Post a Comment