Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HE STOLE MY WORDS!

There's a lot of repeating in my life. 
A lot of saying the same things over, and over, and over again.
There's also many a day, the sound of my own voice is annoying. 
Some days I try and even limit myself because lets be honest, my children
would love it, and duh,
my husband would too. 
The whole world could use a rest from it I'm sure, but don't get used to it :)
Nothings better than a mom, or wife, that does everything for you but doesn't
ask anything (or yell at anything) in return.

Having said that besides having to repeat myself, nothing irritates me more
than when I say something, and days later, my husband says it, taking 100%
credit for the thought.
It's one thing if it was something that was just simply wise. 
But the days I tend to be amazing, which is just so dang often, it is worse. 
You just can't steal something, even if it's someone that lives with you, and put
YOUR name on it!

Have you ever come up with a great idea? 
One that you are just like, oh my gosh, this could make millions? 
Or have thought about something in your life that just made so much sense
the way it came
across in your brain? 
You make it into a funny story or write down something
meaningful, really are proud of your maturity?
So what do you do?  You go to your husband and share it, right? 
Then days later, when you think all is normal-he just walks in the room,
and without getting a stool for his soapbox, he says it, and of all people, TO YOU!
Like he heard it on Good Morning America or something?
Then he stands, chest out, like he is freakin (MR) Maya Angelou.

Well, that was my day yesterday.  My husband STOLE, (in broad daylight), some 
things that I said weeks ago, and totally believes HE thought them up on his own.
What's worse is he REALLY DOES NOT remember me saying these things and was 
so dang proud of himself.
I know a mature wife would have blown it off, but, well, hello, that's just not my style..
Instead, here I am writing on my blog....

So here is a little note to my friend....

To my dearest husband,
I love you. 
I want nothing more than to grow all the rest of my hair gray, alongside
your "invisible" ones. 
I know I talk a lot, but if you would listen harder, it would help you to remember
what I said. 
And when I say "harder", I, in no way mean, the way you quickly (and oh so cleverly), rewind, after I ask-"Were you listening, then what did I say?"
I know you secretly LOVE the way I ramble.
You're cute when you try to say you don't.
But it isn't fair to take pieces of conversation, and use them, like you
were the writer, as your own...
I will show you and help you guide your creativity, so that you have your
own words to tell others.
You can do it, big man!
And I will help you.  After we have a nice, long, talk tonight.  :)

Love you,
Jenny

HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment