Monday, March 7, 2011

Laundry Shoot

We have a laundry shoot.
It is an amazing creation. 
Really, especially one for an insane family like ours, that laundry is beyond
out of control, and that is even an understatement.
Clothes are, and probably always will be, the toughest thing to manage in a
family of ten.
I have been close to caught up- eleven times- as a mom.
Yes, I counted and yes, I am proud.
But Murphy's Law runs ramped around here, and each of those times, someone
either peed or puked that night, which made that blue ribbon feeling, end
within hours.
The shoot has become a friend of mine-helping to deter the floor, or corner
of the room stations, to which most children's outfits, magnet their things to.
Having said this, why or why do my children MAGNET THEMSELVES to the shoot?
Yes!  My boys go down, PHYSICALLY.  And think nothing of it.
I was in the office, the first time I realized, and remember hearing laughing.
Anyone with boys knows that is the first warning sign...hysterical giggling...it's
not a good thing.
I ignored it for a few minutes, and then it was followed up by a few bangs.
"What is going on?!!!"  No answer....
Second warning...shady.
Then I heard "Whoooooo"!!!!
The boys sent my youngest one down the shoot!!  Seriously?
Did anyone even research this beforehand?  I'm not kidding-
Did they realize that the slide of theirs, actually goes three floors?
It starts on the 2nd floor hall but has to go past the first floor and then
the basement?
Did anyone look to make sure there weren't any nails sticking out in the
tunnel of fun?
Did they check to see even what they were going to land in at the bottom?
It's not like I have this big fluffy pillow waiting for the jeans.
Boys are insane.
I will have so many stories when this life of mine is coming to an end...
These little guys that one day will be men, will be laughing their butts off,
and probably still be crazy.
Gotta love the "see what happens" attitude of the male gender....
It starts early and continues on....
The "We'll worry when we need to", just like their dads.
Have a good day!
Hugs :)

3 comments:

  1. Jen - I literally laughed out loud when I read this. I especially enjoyed the "It's not like I have this big fluffy pillow waiting for the jeans" comment. Hysterical and yet, why don't you??? LOL I am giving up Facebook for Lent but will be checking in periodically with you as your writing it clever, down to earth and inspirational all at the same time. Much love to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kimber!! It means a lot. I try not to sound preachy, but want to make you smile (or even better laugh) and relate. :)
    I'll miss you on FB but it's a good idea to take a break sometimes...
    Love ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!!! Poor Mason!!! Even though I'm sure he loved it :)

    ReplyDelete