Monday, January 31, 2011

ONE DAY

One day it was your turn, and I sent you on your way,
To make a mark upon this world, I kneeled down to pray.
Sent down to a mother, from my heart to her own,
She'll love you like no other, you will never feel alone.
One day you will start to grow, with great big wondering eyes,
You'll point at birds, and run in fields, catching butterflies.
You'll turn four, and faster six, and one day you'll be ten,
And from always holding hands, you'll start to hang out in the den.
One day you'll be driving, independent the first time,
You're on your very own, a chance to really shine.
Your parents pace at nighttime, and they'll want you to check in,
But they trust that these are steps of life, and smile a nervous grin.
One day you'll decide, where your road is going to lead,
You'll choose a future's path, and what you soon will be.
You'll wear a cap and gown, and walk down a long, red aisle,
Your mom and day will cry, taking endless pictures of your smile.
One day we'll have gone from a newborn baby's toes,
To a grown up man or woman.  How'd we get here?  No one knows.
One day you will see what your journey's meant to be,
What I sent you here to do and what I sent you here to be.
Make your best decisions, use your heart and please stay true,
For all I gave to mom and dad, I will surely give to you.
Then one day, you'll look upon, the beauty you've lived here,
The blessings and the love, soon will be all too clear.
Yes, it only takes "one day", to send my miracle to earth,
But what you've made with all your days, shows what my gifts are truly worth.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment