Sunday, January 30, 2011

REAL housewives?

Real housewives? Really? REAL ones?
I must admit, I do tune into the Bravo hit, at least most of them...
I love Orange County and New York, I'll watch New Jersey sometimes....but the latest Beverly Hills?
I'm just not so sure what I'm doing watching it-Like a train wreck, I sit and stare.
Amazed at their clothing, their five cars, their beautiful pools.
But more so in awe of what these women think are problems.
The things that are just so huge in their lives, that they babble on and one about throughout the entire episode.
Then I wonder if there are limits to their meltdowns over nothing.
And soon realize, no, there aren't.
From the endless drama of where to meet for their afternoon cocktail to who they DO NOT want attending the insane get together they're meeting up at on Friday, I can see any title appropriate but REAL HOUSEWIVES.
First off, to be a housewife don't you need to do the things in the home?
Almost zero of them clean, rarely do you see them eating at the house, and don't get me started on the parenting.
Beverly Hills is starting to make me feel a tad sick in fact.
Watching someone who says, on one hand that she lives for her children, her number one priority, but in the next scene brags that she has
rotating nannies.
What is her job?
Where is she when she is in NEED of the nanny?
I even watched a scene where a nanny was telling her that her
child was sick.
Maybe it was just for the camera, but she was like...awww...and
went on about her "business".
In the Reality TV world, I know the more drama the better the ratings,
but after watching the reunion show the other night, I am wondering how much is truly real.
I pray after seeing the episodes that most of it is somehow scripted or exaggerated.
But the way these women sit on Andy's couches and speak to each other makes me doubt what I had hoped for.
Their arguments are so pitiful and I know if it wasn't crazy we wouldn't be so fascinated but come on-
I just can't believe that life is seen as so hard for these women and would love for them somehow to have a simple dose of reality.
Along with the rich and famous, I dare any of these women to walk a day
in a "REAL housewife's" shoes-
One that cooks, cleans and cares for her kids all by herself.
While trying to drive eight places in one day, run errands and
balance a checkbook that isn't an endless pot at the end of a
dreamer's rainbow.
I wouldn't be as entertaining but I really think I would watch
a show about the normal soccer mom, running her butt everywhere like we all do..without help around every corner.
Look how well the Jon and Kate series did for a while-that's real.
Well, it was...
REAL HOUSEWIVES they are not, but we love it anyway..for some reason.
I just wish they could stop their complaining.
Here's praying they never have to deal with an issue that would take away from what they really think is so dang hard-
Maybe one day, the REAL HOUSEWIVES can step into the REAL WORLD.
That'd be the best rated show ever!
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment